Christchurch trio fronted by The Puddle‘s Norman Dufty. Urgent, shuffling indie-rock, with warbly vocals (part Morrissey, part Stephen Cogle) and the occasional clarinet (from Dave Woods) sneaking through.
Onset/Offset Records founder Campbell McLay (bass) and Donna Lawson (drums) complete the trio; who released an LP split with Lawson’s other group Junkanoo in 1986, then followed it up with a couple cassettes in 1987.
Thanks to German label Unwucht re-issuing a heap of old Onset/Offset releases their appearance on the Krypton Ten compilation is now (slightly) more accessible.
- Campbell Mclay (Builders, Offtopsthehead, Scorched Earth Policy, The Bottletops, The Mammy Whammy Tata Band, The Riptoids, Toerag, bass)
- Donna Lawson (Junkanoo, drums)
- Norman Dufty (Liquidelirium, Ritchie Venus and the Blue Beetles, The McGoohans, The Puddle, vocals / guitar)
- Split LP w/ Junkanoo (1986, Onset/Offset, PR2346)
- Coma cassette (1987, Onset/Offset, DB001)
- The great kiwi clobbering machine cassette (1987, Onset/Offset, DB002)