All-girl mid 80’s Flying Nun Records outfit featuring Wendy Kjestrup, Jenny Renals, Donna Savage, Robyn Tearle, Elizabeth Leyland and Gill Moon. I picked up the EP (their sole New Zealand release) recently and was surprised by the almost amateur approach of their musicianship.
Though full of songs, they seem to have had a loose, unfocused style of playing – which featured synth textures over top of the usual guitar and drums approach.
They eventually relocated to England and released a far more acclaimed, and apparently quite excellent follow up EP Arriving Late In Torn And Filthy Jeans and the 1990 album All Hail The Daffodil.
- Donna Savage (Vocals, 1986 -1994)
- Wendy Kjestrup (Guitar/Vocals, 1986 – 1994)
- Jenny Renals (Bass, 1986 -1994)
- Robyn Tearle (Drums, 1986 -1994)
- Elizabeth Leyland (Keyboards/Vocals, 1986 -1987)
- Gill Moon (Drums, 1988 – 1994)
- Lost Persons Area 12″ EP (1987, Flying Nun, FN073)
- Drive Away Split 7″ Single w/ Screeming Custard (1987, Craft)
- Arriving Late In Torn And Filthy Jeans (1989, Utility, Util7)
- All Hail The Daffodil (1991, La-Di-Da, Ldd016)
- Secret Girls Business (2001, Global Routes)