One of the earlier Christchurch acid-rock groups of Celia Patel (aka Celia Pavlova / Mancini) along with twins Sharon and Joanne Billesdon and Reta La Quesne.
Forming after Celia and Rita’s former group The Axel Grinders, the Stepford 5 only released two (now rather rare) European-issued 7″ singles – one a split with Japanese act Teengenerate. Their members would later resurface in Snort, and King Loser.
The Stepford 5 were rougher, rawer and dirtier than their related groups, with Patel’s vocals in particular being much more harsh than her Nancy Sinatra style chanteuse approach in The Axel Grinders and King Loser.
The group came to an end with the impending birth of Reta le Quesne’s first child, however Le Quesne and Joanne Billesdon would soon form Snort, eventually recruiting Sharon Billesdon to the new group.
- Celia Patel (Lead Guitar / Vocals, 1991? – 1992)
- Sharon Billesdon (Drums, 1991? – 1992)
- Joanne Billesdon (Guitar, 1991? – 1992)
- Reta La Quesne (Vocals / Bass, 1991? – 1992)
- Camille Lahood (Guitar)
- Cave of Love 7″ EP (1991, Demolition, DEMO004)
- Snake Lady Split 7″ [W/ Teengenerate 1993, Demolition Derby, DD006]