Productive and professional Auckland black metal outfit formed in 1997 and with a whole swag of independent releases to their name.
The band undertook an ambitious European tour in 2004 – after their debut commercially-released album The law of the strong was released on Polish label Agonia Records. From there the group grew and grew in popularity and global spread.
The group took a break before resurfacing with a new line-up in 2013:
2009 Saw its release on Unique leader Records, along side Australian touring with Krisiun and local supports for Megadeth, Suffocation, Necrophagist, Dying Fetus, Morbid Angel, and Slayer.
Shortly after its release Rigel was offered a position of a covert nature within the police. During this period from 2010 till 2013 the band took a hiatus and focused on creating new material and re-gearing their personal circumstances to enable them to take the band to greater heights.Dawn of Azazel official website
The band has had a terrific career playing across the globe with fans through-out Australia, Europe, the United States and Asia. The band seems to have been on hiatus since 2017.
- Rigel Walshe (Division, bass / vocals)
- Tony Angelov (Forced To Submit, guitar)
- Phil Osborne (Graymalkin, drums)
- Joe Bonnet (Force To Submit, Graymalkin, guitar)
- Jeremy Suckling (Scoria, drums)
- Martin Cavanagh (Exordium Mors, Filthy Lucifer, Forced To Submit, Skuldom, VASSAFOR)
- Nik Davies (8 Foot Sativa, Hydranaut, Perditionist, guitar)
- Tom James (guitar)
- Tony Corry (drums)
- Of bloodshed and eternal victory cassette (1999, self-released)
- Vita est militia super terram cassette (2000, self-released)
- Bloodforged abdication 7″ (2002, Hellflame Productions)
- The law of the strong (2003, Agonia Records)
- Sedition (2005, Extreme Imprint)
- Relentless (2009, Unique Leader Records)
- The Tide of Damocles (2015, Extreme Imprint)