Post-Punky group formed by Christchurch Boys High Schoolers at the encouragement of prominent local figurehead Tony Peake.
Released 2 EPs on Flying Nun Records records (both of which included comic books), and the band recorded a bunch of other material plus a live show at the Hillsborough Tavern and much of this appeared on the Failsafe records release ‘R.I.P.’, another track was also included on the 1984 accident compilation.
The band were relatively entertaining live, doing the art school thing with props and performance. they were interesting for a while in their use of 2 bass guitars and the Peter Hook melody lines from that sort of line up. They eventually started to write more traditional songs and lost the edge they originally had from being completely crap at playing their instruments.Rob Mayes, Failsafe Records
Bassist Matt Campbell eventually became a film-make and produced the short film ‘The Dregs’, based on his time in a garage band:
Bassist (and All Fall Down member) Stephen McIntyre passed away in 2012.
- Steven McIntyre (All Fall Down, bass / guitar, 1981 – 1986?)
- Mark Rastrick (vocals, 1981 – 1986?)
- Scott Wilkinson (The Haemogoblins, drums, 1981 – 1986?)
- Matt Campbell (The Haemogoblins, bass, 1981 – 1986?)
- Lindsay Davis (butterfly P!g, guitar, 1981?)
- Lyndon Frasier (guitar, 1982? – 1986?)
- Ballon D’Essai 12″ EP (1981, Flying Nun Records, FN007)
- Grow up 12″ EP (1983, Flying Nun Records, FN020)
- R.I.P. (1986, Failsafe Records, SAFE005)