Originally an inane Auckland-based pop-rock 3-piece formed by ex-Christchurch lads Paul Reid (vocals / guitar / drums – previously of both The D4 and Loves Ugly Children‘s last drummer) and Gene Bennet (drums), with Aucklander Jonathan Corker (bass).
After spending a great chunk of Wildside‘s ever-depleting cash for the release of 2002’s under-selling Primary Colours, in mid 2004 Bennet and Corker left the group to pursue their own interests. Reid took the opportunity to permanently relocate to Los Angeles (where the band had been attempting to make a break) and he has since formed plans for a new session-musician based version of Rubicon. Generally pandering crap to be avoided at all costs.
Reid was also known as a character on Shortland Street – New Zealand’s longest running soap-opera tv series; and developed some extra notoriety in the 2010’s as a property developer.
- Paul Reid (The Urinators, Loves Ugly Children, The D4, vocals, drums, bass, guitar, piano, keyboards)
- Gene Bennett (Radioglo, vocals, guitar, keyboards, cello, percussion)
- Jonathan Corker (vocals, bass, drums, guitar, piano, keyboards, percussion)
- ‘The Captain’ CD single (2000, Wildside Records)
- ‘Funny Boy’ CD single (2001, Wildside Records)
- ‘Bruce’ Cd Single [2001, Wildside Records)
- Primary (2002, Wildside Records)
- ‘Rockstar (Yeah Yeah)’ CD single (2002, Wildside Records)
- ‘Drive’ CD single (2004, Wildside Records)
- ‘Remember’ CD single (2005, Wildside Records)
- The Way It Was Meant To Be (2005, Wildside Records, WILD108)