Aka Andrew Moon, the head of Imperial Recordings and ex-drummer for Flying Nun Records legends Goblin Mix. Moon worked with RSW London in the late 80s, forming Celine, but its been in RST that Moon (now as a solo musician) has found his sound as a guitarist.
Second full-length offering from this nz master of squeal ‘n sheen guitar textures. Guaranteed to pin your head to the floor with calm, carefully abraded and composed blocks of unrelenting noise. Confounds the armchair cynics who claim the guitar is devoid of meaning, in RST’s hands it is reclaimed and made to do new work creating thermal pools for your mind.
– Bruce Russell on the ‘Warm Places’ release
- Event Horizon 12″ Lathe-Cut [1995 Imperial Recordings]
- Acceleration Stations Lathe-Cut 10″ [1995 Imperial Recordings]
- ‘Retrograde’/’Retrograde Motion’ Lathe-Cut 8″ [Imperial Recordings]
- ‘Voltage’/’Garden’ Lathe-Cut 8″ [Blue Silver Records]
- ‘Containment’/’The Problem’ Lathe-Cut 7″ [Imperial]
- R136a [1996? Ecstatic Peace E#89]
- Warm Planes [1998 Corpus Hermeticum Hermes032]