‘Swagger Jack’ is something else entirely. Jacks my hillbilly-punk songwriting character (a hard-drinking embittered feral/hippy idealist who records occasionally ‘rattly’ and violent, but often ‘pretty’ (in a melancholy way) acoustic numbers on battery powered 4-trks in doc huts and hardly ever goes to town).
He’s meant to be someone other than me (..!), a way to sing poppy folksongs without getting too hung up on ‘the word’ (see post-structuralist crisis…) but seems to be morphing more and more into antony milton these days though which is something of a disturbing trend!
– Antony Milton; taken from the [now sadly defunt] Bands.co.nz website
Earlier (mid 90s) lo-fi recordings from Antony Milton, all released on his own Wire Bridge label as cassettes. It looks like Milton still has these recordings available directly from his Pseudoarcana / Wire Bridge Website as he’s been converting these releases to CD-r.
- Free Today, And Tomorrow Cassette / CD-r [Wire Bridge Wrb010]
- Live At The Space Cassette [W/ Demarnia Lloyd / The Mr. Sterile Ensemble Wire Bridge Wrb011]
- Gorse Cassette / CD-r [Wire Bridge Wrb012]
- Flaying Begets Shelter Cassette / CD-r [Wire Bridge Wrb013]
- My Good Guts Cassette / CD-r [Wire Bridge Wrb013]