Perhaps the most prolific artist new zealand has ever produced, Michael Veet Ruiliude has produced as Witcyst, or as an number of his other mysterious alias, Veetjist, M. W. Vit, Wytcystallio, Mxvxwx, Thighte Whistle, or a handful of groups – Falcoxi, Failian Falien, Naughty Pakehas, G.A.M etc etc the list goes on.
On his own Extemporanious and Lifespace labels there are over 600 documented Ruiliude recordings, and this number is growing daily, as he tends to release pretty much everything he records.
Purely a mail-order marvel, a witcyst package contains a bizarre array of musical snippets in any grab-bag stylistic approaches, and acompanied by various pieces of visual artwork. With all this activity, Ruiliude has also found time to collaborate with and contribute material with Clayton Noone and his Root Don Lonie For Cash label, whilst still maintaining a release schedule on his own labels of mammoth proportion.
Selected Discography (picks in bold)
- Anzac Day Cd-R [W/ Cja Root Don Lonie For Cash Rdl034]
- Tape Cassette [Root Don Lonie For Cash Rdl011]
- Rest Not/They Come When You Sleep Cassette [W/ Hauraki Root Don Lonie For Cash Rdl045]
- Lugy Cdr [Root Don Lonie For Cash Rdl066]
- Root/Wince Mince Lathe Cut 7″ [Root Don Lonie For Cash Rdl074]
- E’Pino Cd-R [Root Don Lonie For Cash Rdl083]
- They Rest Not Double Cdr [W/ Hauraki, Kara Mckinney Root Don Lonie For Cash Rdl094]
- Unhinged Commodore Lathe Cut / Cassette [1998 A Stabbies And The Rocket Recording / Freedom From Ff0072]
- Trouble Shooting In A Year Cd-R [Pseudoarcana Pa021] Rn
- Roslyn [1999 Insample In002]
- ..As Nidnod Cd-R [2004 Nidnod &11]
- The Black Album [Best Of Epts] Quadruple 8″ Lathe-Cut [As Veetix Crawlspace]
- Tick Triple 8″ Lathe-Cut [Crawlspace]
- Missing Triple 8″ Lathe-Cut [Crawlspace]
- Burning It Down Cassette [Freedom From Ff0017]
- Freedom From Hear Aids & Thee Kara Mckinney Cassette [Freedom From Ff0156]