Also known as: The “Getladium”, Illusions, The Dolls House
Location: Chancery Lane, Central Christchurch
Current Status: Demolished
Active as a live music venue: 1986 – 1996
Bar Manager: –
The Palladium was a sprawling upstairs nightclub in Chancery Lane in Central Christchurch, with a massive 800 person capacity and 24 hour liquor license.
Opening in 1986
- 1986: Opened in Chancery Lane, incorporating a full laser lightshow, a 24 hour liquor license, a large capacity of 800, and resident band Big Game Hunters.
- 1996: Shaka Groove end their run as the venues last resident band.
- 2000: John Stanton takes over management, renames it Illusions.
- 2001: Goes in to receivership, sold to David Henderson, the nightclub then re-themed and re-branded as The Dolls House revue bar.
- 2010: Damaged and then demolished after the Canterbury Earthquakes