DarkSpace is back!
Seven bands from around the country will be tearing it up across Darkroom and Space Academy. Check out the lineup!
All Seeing Hand
Yeats & Russell (of the Dead C)
DarkSpace has always sold out so you’ll want to get in quick. Limited tickets from Under The Radar.
DarkSpace is an R18 event.
80’s post-punk with a big, Joy Division-influenced bass sound that released a pretty sloppy EP on Flying Nun Records.
Dieneke Jansen (later of Queen Meanie Puss), Mark Webster and Peter Moerenhout.
- Dieneke Jansen (Guitar/Vocals, 1988?)
- Mark Webster (Bass, 1988?)
- Peter Moerenhout (Drums, 1988?)
- Rex Visible (Cello, 1988)
- Grate! 12″ EP (1989, Flying Nun Records, FN118)
Dark Xpressway post-punk outfit featuring Rachel Shearer (Lovely Midget), Michael Morley (The Dead C, Wreck Small Speakers on Expensive Stereos), Stella Corkery and Deborah Hinden.
Pretty much in the same vein (and influenced by) other port-chalmers based bands of the era.
Eventually Angelheads’ Shearer, Hinden and Corkery took on board Flak / Teeth guitarist Dienke Jansen and rechristened the band Queen Meanie Puss.
- Rachel Shearer (Guitar/Bass/Vocals, 1990 – 1991)
- Michael Morley (Guitar/Vocals, 1990 – 1991)
- Stella Corkery (Drums, 1990 – 1991)
- Deborah Hinden (Bass/Guitar/Vocals, 1990 – 1991)
Early Flying Nun band who’s sole (commercial) release was a split EP with 8 Living Legs that had major production issues (the Australian printing press accidentally dropped the first song! – as documented in Matthew Bannisters’ Positively George Street).
Flak also released a cassette on Paul Lurkers Industrial Tapes home-taping label. The duo of Jansen and Webster (who had previously been in North Shore group The Bombers) moved to Amsterdam and formed If.
Jansen eventually resurfaced in Teeth and Queen Meanie Puss.
- Dieneke Jansen (Guitar/Vocals, 1983 – 1984)
- Mark Webster (Bass/Vocals, 1983 – 1984)
- Larry de Zoete (Drums, 1983 – 1984)
- Emigration EP (1983 w/ 8 Living Legs, Flying Nun Records, FLEG001)
- Monitor Cassette (1983, Industrial Tapes, IND006)