Cinematic we’re a high-profile Christchurch outfit based around local singer-songwriting fixture Jeremy Taylor that released a couple of albums in the mid 90’s.
They had quite a strong fan base, though they were never exactly my taste.. Taylor eventually went solo and ended up supporting a number of touring international acts.
- Jeremy Taylor
- Andrew Friend
- James Guthrie
- Stephen Briss
- Cinematic (1994, Beats Bodega, BEATS003)
- Musicland (1996, Loaded Records, LOAD006)
East-Auckland garage-rock fanatics (and followers of the might Ig) The Osterbergs consisted of Paul E. Snake, Lance Strickland, Mark Jones and Shirley Charles by the time of the only release.
According to the liner notes “With the successful implantation of Jules on the bass guitar the Osterbergs have mutated into a five headed beast called ‘Freak Power'”.
The group also contributed a track Loaded Tapes ‘Unloaded’ compilation in 1989, alongside Chainsaw Masochists, S.P.U.D. etc.
- Lorna (Drums, 198?)
- Mac Quitz (Guitar, 198?)
- Paul E. Snake (Bass / Vocals, 198? – 199?)
- Lance Strickland (Guitar, 198? – 199?)
- Mark Jones (Guitar, 198? – 199?)
- Shirley Charles (Drums, 198? – 199?)
- Freak Power (1990 Onslaught Records)