Now defunct label run by Richard Francis – aka Eso Steel. 20 City released a total of 4 albums and a handful of single-length releases before francis re-established the label as CMR, distributing both labels through the Auckland-based Acroma mail-order website.
a recently established, internationally focused auckland-based label run by richard francis – aka eso steel. though only a handful of releases have seen the light of day so far (including japanese experimental artist kyoshi mizutani, german visual / composition artist marc behrens and francis’ own solo material), francis looks to be succeeding the releases of his former label 20 city with a professional approach to releasing far-reaching experimental music, so far of the laptop-drone persuasion.
- cmr website [official website]
- acroma website [mail-order distribution website]
- cmr email [label email]
Stefan Neville, The Man Behind Pumice And Stabbies And The Rocket Recordings Released An Unusually Titled Cd-R Under His Own Name In 2003.
– You’re not welcome cd-r
Stefan Neville is the incredibly talented musician behind Pumice, as well as being the drummer for excellent Auckland punk group the Coolies, playing alongside Chris Knox in the Nothing and releasing material under his own name.
Discography (picks in bold)
- The Day Tape Challenge Triple Cassette [1997 W/ Sugarjon And Ee Monk A Stabbies And The Rocket Recording]
- Do Not Destroy/Destroy Only After 10 Years / Can Be Destroyed By Cd-R [2003 A Stabbies And The Rocket Recording]
- Lathe-Cut 8″ [2005 W/ Richard Francis, Howard Stelzer, Clinton Watkins Cmr Cmr9]