Wonderful home-brewed recordings from Annabelle Alpers – the now Auckland-based guitarist, keyboardist and singer-songwriter formerly of the supremely under-recognized Christchurch troop Hawaii Five-0.
Her debut EP ‘The End Of Things’ is full of memorable, catchy pop gems – smothered in quirky electronic textures, and featuring a guest appearance by none-other than Mick Elborado (Scorched Earth Policy etc), plus former Fang drummer Andrea Holmes.
In 2006 Alpers produced her 2nd release (and full length debut) ‘Isolation Loops‘, leaving Arch Hill to form her own Electroplate Recordings and touring with former Mestar bassist Stefanimal for the albums release.
After further success with ‘My Electric Family’ and a self-titled 3rd album – both co-released on US label Drag City, Alpers retired the Bachelorette alias in 2011 – creating a Kickstarter project for new album ‘Remote’ performing under her own name for the 1st time.
- Annabelle Alpers (Vocals/Guitar/Bass/Piano/Keyboards/Sequencing, 2004 – 2013)
- The End Of Things EP (2005, Arch Hill, AHR015)
- Isolation Loops (2006, Electroplate Recordings, ERP001)
- My Electric Family (2009, Particle Tracks, PT003)
- Do The Circuit 7″ Single (2009, Drag City, DC423)
- Bachelorette (2011, Particle Tracks, PT005)
- Blanket CD Single (2011, Souterrain Transmissions, SOU024PSINGLE)