Ivan Zagni was known in the mid 80’s as something of an impressive composer and orchestral arranger, putting together the thoroughly engrossing Long And The Short Of It take of the Tall Dwarfs brilliant single ‘Nothings Gonna Happen’, and released this album with Steve Garden in 1984.
- A Selection Of Trouble Spots [1984 Ode Sode193]
Schlocky popsters Adrian Palmer (Drums), Ben Campbell (Bass, Vocals) and Nathan King (vocals, guitar), signed straight out of Cashmere High School (Christchurch) to make horribly atonal pop music (under Kiwi legend Ray Columbus’s management) thats all hook and non-substance. They then went on to add guitarist Andy Lynch, then soundtrack some American ‘teen’ flicks, and now they get their lyrics written by (Weezer’s) River Cuomo. Ughh. The group broke up around 2004 with lead singer King going on to start his own solo career.
- Adrian Palmer (drums, 199?-2004)
- Ben Campbell (bass/vocals, 199?-2004)
- Nathan King (vocals/guitar, 199?-2004)
- Andy Lynch (guitar, 200?-2004)
- Silencer [2000 Universal Nz 0140382]
- This Little Empire [2004 Interscope 9813413]
Rianz Awards 2000
- Album Of The Year: Silencer
- Top Group: Zed
- Top Male Vocalist: Nathan King
Ziggy Stardust, Rolandski, Polandski and Bollandro.
- Ziggy Stardust (198?)
- Rolandski (198?)
- Polandski (198?)
- Bollandro (198?)
Dunedin based reggae / dub outfit with a strong following South-Island wide. Forming in 1998, the band is comprised of Pedro Johnston, Peter Hill, Jarney Murphey, Alistair Waite, Swa (Sound Engineer) and Matt ‘Fat’ Eddy (multi-instrumentalist singer-songwriter) and had their debut Paptuanuku engineered by Dale Cotton (aka electro-acoustic artist Conray).
- Pedro Johnston (1998-200?)
- Peter Hill (1998-200?)
- Jarney Murphy (1998-200?)
- Alistair Waite (1998-200?)
- Swa (?)
- Matt ‘Fat’ Eddy (?)