One of the more popular Wellington punk acts from the late 1990’s and early 00’s, formed in 1997 by Paul Tansley and Sarah Radford.
Through-out the late 90’s the band had a swag of high profile tour support slots, as well as being included on the Vans Warped Tour 2000 and airplay on bNet stations across New Zealand.
The band eventually broke up in 2002 after the release of 4 albums, including a split with fellow Wellingtonians’ Monkey Puzzle.
- Paul Tansley (Guitar/Vocals, 1997 – 2002)
- Sarah Radford (Guitar, 1997 – 2002)
- Dave Hampton (Bass/Vocals, 1997 – 2002)
- James Watson (Drums, 1997 – 2002)
- Brubeck (1997, Self-Released)
- Brubeck / Monkey Puzzle Split (W/ Monkey Puzzle 1997, Onefoot Records)
- The Demos… (1998, Half Pie Recordings)
- The Myclonic Twitch (2001, Half Pie Recordings / Shock)
Electronic artist who put out a low-scale album and EP on their own label in 1982.
- Jupiter by Ridge EP (w/ Mingelp 1982, Old Age Records, OLDAGE001)
- Whisper of the Sheba Dawn (1982, Old Age Records, OLDAGE002)
Trumpets blow out of walls, guitars shoot auditory tendrils out of the earth like upward lunging ivy plants, organs drone and lurch and steam like black rain clouds from the next to last days, speckled electronic tones dance across the spectrum like gas bubbles belched out of a catfish’s burrow and into some hidden eddy that spins it miles away before it hits the surface.
– Bill Meyer
A textually inclined song-smith with connections to Alistair Galbraith, Bunn has been very slow at releasing his recorded material, with Index (his debut full length) surfacing almost a decade after Galbraith included his ‘Goodbye God Baby Goodbye‘ on the Killing Capitalism with Kindness compilation.
- Earlyman Recordings 7″ Lathe (1996, Trinder Music, TM08)
- Index (1999, Emperor Jones, EJ24CD)