john ‘segovia’ markie (shaft, spacedust etc), reta la quesne (snort, stepford 5), martin ‘brother love‘ henderson and duane zarakov (king loser et all). put out a live recording (of their gluepot 13-12-1990 gig) on their own imprint in 1991.
christchurch rock outfit from the mid 2000s.
[flickr-photo:id=183663656,size=t] another alias of the prodigious di smith of the international telepaths, most commonly known as lucy lurex. in this configuration smith plays a very strange casio keybaord with its own built in tape-deck unit for backing tracks – an odd one-woman show.
picks in bold
- no releasesrn
improvised electronic music from aucklanders paul winstanley, john kennedy, marc chesterman, with clinton williams [omit] adding contributions to their self-titled cd release. the group formed in 1999.
warwick keay, michael morris, eddie olsen, carey peterson and damien saunders. album ‘rythmic tendencies’ on warner brothers wea inprint in 1983.
the bizarre recording antics of (lil’) steve mccabe, bob brannigan and stu kowalski, a well-known, yet thoroughly underground troop that often swelled in numbers (sometimes up to as many as 10 members in the mid 1980s). three albums on flying nun in the late 80s / early 90s, along with several releases on the small sleek bott label. very make-shift, punk approach to recording, their albums were often of-the-moment pieces…
picks in bold
- big cheap motel [1983 sleek bott]
- three virgins three versions three visions [1986 flying nun FN049]
- derry legends [1987 flying nun FN120]
- ak87 [w/ the shit pop boyz 1987 sleek bott]
- scary! [w/ the sleek bott gang 1989 sleek bott]
- peter wang pud [1991 flying nun FN204]
- dirty den sessions [1991 sleek bott]
- recliner rocker [1992 sleek bott #921]
- three rooms (an elton john tribute album) [1992 sleek bott]
- across the universe in 27879 days ep [1992 sleek bott]
- the axemen singles collection [compilation 1998 sleek bott]