Brilliant 90’s Christchurch sludge-rock outfit comprised of Brett Lupton, Daryl Kirk and Mike Brassell (Hiss Explosion).
Released a series of warped, discordant guitar albums, based around Brassell’s excellent guitar-work and an inventive, lo-fi and somewhat sloppy (in a good way) approach to recording songs.
The group was formed by Brassell, Lupton and Original Drummer Andrew Meier (aka ‘Hat’ – who would go on to have an involvement with Flying Nun and as station manager for Christchurch’s RDU radio station), with the original line-up recording and releasing a cassette on Peter Mitchell’s Flat City label.
After Hat’s departure in 1993, Darryl Kirk joined the line-up – the line-up that would record the bulk of the bands output. In their last line-up Pete Mitchell became the new drummer, whilst Vaughen Watson (The Undercurrents, Pumpkinhead) joined as bassist.
- Michael Brassell (Guitar/Vocals/Bass, 1992 -1996)
- Brett Lupton (Guitar/Vocals/Sampler, 1992 – 1996)
- Andrew Meier (Drums, 1992)
- Darryl Kirk (Drums/Keyboards, 1993)
- Peter Mitchell (Drums, 1993 – 1996)
- Vaughen Watson (Bass, 1993 – 1996)
- Feeding The Cround Cassette (1992, Flat City)
- Whip Me Honey EP [1994, Failsafe Records, SAFE027)
- Mastermistakemaker [1995, Failsafe Records, SAFE028)
- Spastic Sarcastic [1996, Noseflute)