ultra-successful auckland-based turntablist and producer who in-essence got the ball rolling on the explosion of new zealand hip-hop in the early 2000s. working with the likes of man-of-the-hour, christchurch native scribe and the auckland deceptikonz posse, p-money has forged an industry with his own abstract beats and eclectic production styles, with the big things and its instrumental version both garnishing big sales in the burgeoning kiwi mainstream hip-hop crowd.
p-money (peter wadams) initially made his name competing in the new zealand and then world itf and dmc turntablism champs, placing 5th in the world itf’s in 1999 and 3rd-equal in the dmcs of 2001. he’s since become a tv icon, appearing with on the various incarnations of new zealand music tv, and djing on bfm’s ‘the true school’.
picks in bold
- p-money mix-tape 1 cassette[self-released]
- p-money mix-tape 2 cassette[self-released]
- circa footwear mix-tape cassette[self-released]
- big punisher mix-tape cassette[self-released]
- summit 2000 mix-tape cassette[self-released]
- big things [2002 kog transmissions]
- big things instrumentals [2002 dirty 99592]
- big things 12″ ep [2003 dirty DRT12001]
- magic city [2004 dirty]
apra awards 2004
- silver scroll scribe and p-money: ‘not many’rn