successful improvised percussionary troupe based around phil dadson (who had played with scratch orchestra in the uk in the late 1960s), formed in auckland in 1974. over the last 3 decades the troop has had various different line-ups – even swelling to 13 members at one point. over time the line-up has featured wayne laird, geoff chapple, don mcglashan (who arrived after the disintergration of blam blam blam), james mccarthy, neville hall, walter muller, darryn harkness, .
continuing to play in a live capacity and releasing all varities of media (including written maerial!) featuring their percussive endeavours, from scratch is currently comprised of dadson, shane currey and adrian croucher, with recent activities involving a variety of local and international contributors.
picks in bold
- drum/sing & pacific 3,2,1 zero (part one) [1984 flying nun FN041]
- gung ho 1,2,3d [1985 flying nun FN085]
- songs for heroes [1991 rattle RAT-D002]
- fax to paris [1993 rattle RAT-D003]
- pacific 3,2,1,zero (part 1) and eye-drum [1994 pacific international]
- global hockets [1999 scratch records]
- global hockets vhs [2000 scratch records]