danny butt, brian crook, kim peiters and peter stapleton – brilliant superband, putting out an album on high-profile u.s. indie kranky, and 3 follow ups on their own smaller metonymic imprint in the mid 90s. arising fromt he ashes of the wonderful dadamah (and existing alongside the crook-less rain) – the flies continued in a similar dark asthetic.
picks in bold
- an audience of others (including herself) [1993 kranky Krank008]
- flies inside the sun [1996 metonymic Met002]
- cactus sky [2000 metonymic Met007]
- le mal d’archive [2001 metonymic Met009]
- burning glass [2005? self-released]