A very strange band but also strangely good from 1982-4.
These guys had some connection with the Auckland group The Features. Guitarist/singer Ljinon sharing a similar shard like guitar style and vocal approach to The Features.
The band had some sort of abstract art thing going and could either be really good or bloody awful depending on the night. They feature Vince Pinker on bass guitar, who later went on to be part of the resurrected Gordons (sans Alistair Parker), and a few drummers.
‘Eat Shit’ was actually quite cool to watch live and i remember watching Ljinon playing the guitar stabs in this song and slicing his fingers on the guitar strings, bleeding all over his guitars white scratch plate.
At the end of the song he asked the bemused audience if anyone had a band aid. no one did.
– Rob Mayes
Recorded a song that was including on Mayes’ Accident Compilation for his Failsafe Records label, and a 2nd track on Pagan’s Spins and Needles compilation.
Ljinon would eventually go on to form 3Guesses.
The group resurfaced in 2014 playing a New Zealand Music Month event at a Wairarapa Library!
- Ljinon Manson (Guitar/Vocals, 1982 – 1985)
- Vince Pinker (Bass, 1982 – 1983)
- Bevan Sweeney (Drums, 1982)
- Chris Orange (Drums, 1982)
- Lis Cotter (Drums, 1982 – 1983)
- Floyd Rudolph (Drums/Backing Vocals, 1985)
- Trent Revell (Bass, 1985)
- Eric Android (Drums, 1986?)
- Shayne O’Neill (Guitar, 1986?)